Thursday, December 2, 2010

Time for an Update

It’s been a while since I updated this blog, so I will give it a shot today. I’m thankful to Pam and other family for adding to it as they could. Thanks to everyone for the kind comments as well as the prayers.

Having just come through the Thanksgiving holiday, we are impressed by how blessed we are. Our children are saved and continuing in their pilgrimage with Jesus. That reaches into eternity. As Romans 8:18-19 says: “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” How glorious! No more heartaches. No more cancer. Only continuous joy, which we are already experiencing to a great degree even now.

I have lost most of my sight on the left side. That makes reading and playing the piano rather difficult. God willing, that will reverse itself. I miss both.

It’s almost time for lunch, but I can’t stop without a special word of thanks to our family at Fellowship Bible Church. The cancer has caused me to have limited mobility. For that reason I am often in a wheelchair. The men from the church came and built a ramp so Pam could roll me from the house into the garage. Thanks guys. God bless you all.

Closer to home than ever before.

David

2 comments:

babyarnie said...

Missing you at the piano but praying constantly for you (Noah prays too!) :)

Martha

Tom and Amy said...

It was a joy to see you all on Sunday!!! You're much in our thoughts and prayers!