Monday, May 24, 2010

Out of Surgery!!


Dad will be so disappointed when he wakes up and is just looking at the boring faces of his family. We can't compare with Jesus but I guess we'll have to do for now.

We just talked to the neurosurgeon that operated on Dad. He was able to remove all of the tumor and place time released chemotherapy tablets into the cavity that housed the tumor. The MRI had accurately shown the size and depth of the tumor and by the grace of God, there were no surprises during surgery.

The next step is for Dad to recover from the anesthesia which should take about an hour and a half. Then we get to pick on his skinny shaved head.

Dad will remain in ICU for about three more days and then be moved to a regular room. The pathology on the tumor will be returned on Friday and treatment will be decided at that point. We do know that the tumor was malignant but we don't know how this will affect treatment until Friday.

Thank you for all of your prayers and check back for regular updates.

8 comments:

jo jo said...

Praise Be =) Praying, praying, praying! Love you Hannah Carson!

Unknown said...

Hannah! I read all you wrote about your dad up to the present. So touching and I have been in prayer for you all! Praise God that they were able to get the tumer! My thoughts and more prayers will continue as you wait for results on Friday!

Sarah E.B.

ps. The Chili dog story is a great story, made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Prayers answered feel so good. Will forward report/blog to my church family!!! THANK YOU for posting these updates. You ALL have been on my mind and in prayers the past 2 days. LOVE all the funny stories. Your father is precious!!!!!!! HOpe to visit soon.

Amy Niewoehner

babyarnie said...

I can just hear him now..... " I'm surprised they actually found a brain when they opened my head up!" Ah... that Carson humor. Praying for 15 more years of it (at least!!)

Martha

FLO said...

I was so sad when I went to the blog but reading how you presented the story put a smile on my sad face! You Dad is such a wonderful man of God! What a testimony his reaction to this sad(for us it is) news! We are praising the Lord for the succes of the surgery! I feel so much better,sadness gave way to peace. We keep you in our prayers and know that the Lord knows what he is doing.It's such an amazing story that Chili one's! Luv you all FRANCE-LISE from Sénégal

Carroll said...

Praise God!

Rachael said...

Luther is probably homesick but he's making up for it by trying to eat my orange cat here at the farm. It's keeping him very busy and we're happy for that. He would like to know where his chili dog is.

Unknown said...

I've know your dad since childhood and he has always held a special place in my heart. I wept when I read your first blog. Tears of profound sorrow mixed with extreme joy. Your collective family testimony punctuates the many testimonies written in the Churches history. It caused me to reflect again on the wonder of a sovereign God who loves and sustains and a Son who has conquered sin and death.