Friday, October 1, 2010

Recent Tests

David here again. Before I go further, let me show you what I look like on the inside. Below is one of the images from the MRI that I had this past Monday. Aren’t we glad we have skulls, skin, etc., even if we don’t all have hair (the case with me at present)?


Now for the news. I saw my neurologist on Wednesday. Of course, he understood what the MRI was saying. It seems that I have two new tumors. They are very small, one 2 centimeters in diameter, the other only 4 millimeters. The neurologist wil be consulting with my other doctors to plan the time for the next MRI. Gliobastoma multiformes (GBM) are extremely fast growing, doubling in size every two weeks. My present regimen of chemo therapy may hold them at bay. The next MRI will tell more. I have been experiencing more fatigue in the last couple of weeks, but the doctor said this is probably from the chemo more than the tumors, considering their small size at the moment.

I thank everyone for your continued prayers. Pray that I have the energy and clearness of mind to always honor our Lord Jesus as the adventure continues.

David

2 comments:

babyarnie said...

I know this is not the news you or your family (or ours for that matter) wanted to hear but I appreciate your comment that "God knows the end of the journey as well as everything in between". You are such an inspiration to us and praying for you is already making a lifelong impact on Noah. We love you & Pam!

PS: I promise me and Rach will get by to cut Luther's nails!

Martha

Tom and Amy said...

You are very much in our thoughts and prayers this week, and my parents too! I love that your dog is named Martin Luther!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy