Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Store of Resources are Gone

It is after 4:00 PM on Tuesday afternoon and we are still in the hospital. We will be here at least one more day and possibly two. It seems the request for the wound VAC was not faxed to our insurance company until 3:00 PM on Monday. Once it reaches them it takes a minimum of 2 to 3 days for approval.

David and I both were so ready to go home today. I have had people on hold for two days waiting to help me get David in the house and settled in the bed. Some dear friends picked up my groceries for me and unpacked them. I have had to reschedule home health care twice now. I have not worked since December 28th. Tomorrow will be four weeks since the EMS brought us to the ER and David had his emergency surgery for the colon perforation.

We want this blog to be very honest as we walk this road designed by God. So I am telling you all that I came to the end of my resources this morning on hearing the news that we wouldn’t be going home. All I could do was cry and say, “Lord, no more pressure.” Shedding tears is a wonderful release, especially when we shed them before the Lord. David didn’t shed tears but he was ready to leave without the wound VAC. We are both so tired emotionally. I guess a month in the hospital will do that to you. We have nothing in us with which to go on but our God has more than we need. At my moment of despair God brought to my mind a hymn I have loved to sing through the years. Today it was very personal. The words are below.

David and I ask that you continue to bring our whole family before the God who hears and who gives and gives again.

Pam

He Giveth More Grace

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.
When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.
His love has no limits,
His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

2 comments:

kareng said...

Pam and David,
Thank you for sharing from the heart! Knowing how to pray for you both is a good thing. When we are weak, HE is strong..He will make a way-just you wait and see! Hoping you get home and stay home! Call if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Pam and David,

Like Karen said thank you for sharing from your heart.

In my Bible reading this morning I read Psalm 18:6: In my distress I cried out to the LORD; I cried to God for help. From His temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. I thought of you and David when I read this.

I pray you all will get to go home very soon. If there is anything you need please give us a call. We love you! Kathy J